We hope to see everyone attend all of our amazing September events! Please make sure you invite friends and, of course, your roommate. Remember, you have an opportunity to win resident of the month, which comes with a $25 Visa gift card.
Please be patient as we try to fulfill all of your service requests. We will try to complete your request within 7–10 business days. If you have a service request, just put in a work order via your portal, or by calling or stopping by the office during office hours.
Reminders & Updates
Want to stay updated? Text REPUBLIC to 47464 to opt in to our text messages. You will receive emergency notifications as well as updates on events and maintenance.
Make sure to follow us:
Facebook: Republic at Sam Houston
Pinterest: The Republic
Tips on Living with Roommates!
Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of living in a Campus Advantage community is the opportunity to live and work closely with all types of people. We know that living with roommates isn’t always easy, whether you moved in with friends or were matched up with new people. Either way, it’s perfectly normal to have the occasional roommate conflict, and there’s actually a lot to be gained from handling a difficult situation maturely and respectfully.
We want to make sure you have the tools to handle these situations should they arise, so check out the tips below to ensure you and your roommates have the best living experience possible this year:
- Schedule a roommate meeting: Set up a time for all roommates to get together and have a proactive conversation about each person’s preferences and expectations when it comes to cleanliness, guests, sleeping/study times, the use of others belongings or food, etc.
- Be open minded: You and your roommates may be very different, and that’s OK! Stay open minded and positive about your roommates’ views and experiences, and you may end up learning a lot about them and yourself in the process.
- Give each other space: Even though your apartment is made for multiple people, everyone appreciates having space to themselves once in a while. Make sure you’re sharing time in common areas and respecting each other’s privacy.
- When in doubt, talk it out: Most problems can be solved by just talking through the issue before it gets out of hand. If something is seriously bugging you about one of your roommates, bring it to them in a mature one-on-one conversation before bringing in other roommates or escalating the situation. Passive-aggressive behaviors won’t help.
- Divide responsibilities: While every roommate should commit to cleaning up after themselves, determine the best way to divide other responsibilities, such as taking out the trash, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, etc., to ensure everyone plays their part.
- Use conflict resolution backup: While talking can usually fix an issue in its early stages, sometimes a more structured approach is necessary. If you’ve tried and feel your efforts aren’t helping resolve an issue between roommates, reach out to your Community Assistant or the management team to help you brainstorm options. The management team is trained and willing to help conduct a roommate mediation process if necessary, but is also happy to provide you with tips and tools to handle it yourself.
We want you to have a successful living experience while at our community, but we know that living with roommates can mean an occasional difference of opinion. When roommates decide to communicate their expectations, listen and try to understand each other, and care about each other’s well-being, the many great memories you make will outweigh any small conflict you may have.
Scavenger Hunt — Wednesday, September 6 from 11 a.m.–7 p.m. — Follow us on social media for the #liveatrepublicSH and find all the hidden clues for a chance to win a $50–$100 gift card!
Bagel Night — Tuesday, September 12 from 6–7:30 p.m. — Stop by the clubhouse and make your own bagel!
S’mores by the Pool — Wednesday, September 13 from 6:30–7:30 p.m. — Join us poolside for a campfire and delicious s’mores!
Disney Karaoke — Thursday, September 14 from 6–7 p.m. — Come to the clubhouse and sing your heart out to a Disney song of your choice.
Volleyball Tournament — Tuesday, September 19 from 6–8 p.m. — Join us at the sand volleyball court for a day of fun in the sun! We’ll provide cold beverages and snacks. The winning team will receive a prize!
Outdoor Twister — Wednesday, September 20 from 6–7 p.m. — Play Twister like never before! Come to the area behind the dog park to play an even bigger version of Twister.
Minute to Win It — Thursday, September 21 from 6:30–7:30 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse for a series of games and challenges that you have to complete with your team in under a minute. Can you handle the pressure?
September Camper Birthdays — Wednesday, September 27 from noon–7 p.m. — If you have a September birthday, stop by the front office to pick up a treat in honor of your special day.
Wellness Wednesday — Wednesday, September 27 from 6–7:30 p.m. — Meet us in our awesome gym for an intense workout with your favorite CAs.