September Is Here!
We have some awesome events planned for you this month so you can take a break from school. We hope to see everyone there!
Carry a pen and paper everywhere you go. You never know when you will need to write something down.
Stay hydrated and carry a water bottle everywhere you go.
Establish a morning routine. Figure out how much time you need to get dressed, eat, etc. You don’t want to be late to class!
Set goals! This is a new year with a fresh start.
Reminders and Updates
Want to stay updated? Text REPUBLIC to 47464 to opt in or out of our text messages. You will receive emergency notifications as well as updates on events and maintenance.
Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of living in a Campus Advantage community is the opportunity to live and work closely with all types of people. We know that living with roommates isn’t always easy, whether you moved in with friends or were matched up with new people. Either way, it’s perfectly normal to have the occasional roommate conflict, and there’s actually a lot to be gained from handling a difficult situation maturely and respectfully.
We want to make sure you have the tools to handle these situations should they arise, so check out the tips below to ensure you and your roommates have the best living experience possible this year:
- Schedule a roommate meeting: Set up a time for all roommates to get together and have a proactive conversation about each person’s preferences and expectations when it comes to cleanliness, guests, sleeping/study times, the use of others belongings or food, etc.
- Be open minded: You and your roommates may be very different, and that’s OK! Stay open minded and positive about your roommates’ views and experiences, and you may end up learning a lot about them and yourself in the process.
- Give each other space: Even though your apartment is made for multiple people, everyone appreciates having space to themselves once in a while. Make sure you are sharing time in common areas and respecting each other’s privacy.
- When in doubt, talk it out: Most problems can be solved by just talking through the issue before it gets out of hand. If something is seriously bugging you about one of your roommates, bring it to them in a mature one-on-one conversation before bringing in other roommates or escalating the situation. Passive-aggressive behaviors won’t help.
- Divide responsibilities: While every roommate should commit to cleaning up after themselves, determine the best way to divide other responsibilities, such as taking out the trash, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, etc., to ensure everyone plays their part.
- Use conflict resolution backup: While talking can usually fix an issue in its early stages, sometimes a more structured approach is necessary. If you’ve tried and feel your efforts aren’t helping resolve an issue between roommates, reach out to your Community Assistant or the management team to help you brainstorm options. The management team is trained and willing to help conduct a roommate mediation process, if necessary, but is also happy to provide you with tips and tools to handle it yourself.
We want you to have a successful living experience while at our community, but we know that living with roommates can mean an occasional difference of opinion. When roommates decide to communicate their expectations, listen and try to understand each other, and care about each other’s well-being — the many great memories you make will outweigh any small conflict you may have.
Community Events Calendar
Jump-Start Your Career — September 17 from 1–5 p.m. — Need a headshot? We got you covered. Come down to the clubhouse for a FREE headshot!
Roomie Trivia Night — September 18 from 7–8 p.m. — Bring your roomie to the clubhouse and engage in some mind-blowing activities to stir your brain.
Voter Registration — September 23 from 1–5 p.m. — Come to the clubhouse and we’ll help you register to vote!
September Birthdays — September 25 from 1–5 p.m. — Come down to the clubhouse and enjoy your birthday month treat!
Casino Night — September 25 from 7–8:30 p.m. — Come down to the clubhouse and learn how to play blackjack, roulette, and Texas Hold’em!