It’s Holiday Season!
December is here, and so is that holiday joy! Good luck on your finals, and congratulations to all of our December 2019 graduates! We hope you have a safe and fun break from school. We hope to see you at our Holiday Workshop on December 9 at 7 p.m.!
Tips for holiday decorations:
- Inspect electrical decorations for damage before use.
- Don’t overload electrical outlets. Overloaded electrical outlets and faulty wires are a common cause of holiday fires.
- Never connect more than three strings of incandescent lights. More than three strands may blow a fuse and can also cause a fire.
- Use battery-operated candles. Candles start almost half of home decoration fires.
Reminders and Updates
Want to stay updated? Text REPUBLIC to 47464 to opt in or out of our text messages. You will receive emergency notifications as well as updates on events and maintenance.
Tips to Help You Through Finals Week
The time that you’ve been dreading all semester is here: final exams. This is a very stressful time for everyone, so remember to take a minute just for you.
Studies have shown that when you take one minute just for yourself every 30 minutes, your grades will improve. Cramming has proven not to work because you’re stressed, exhausted, and less likely to absorb everything that you’re trying to learn. Taking a minute just for you will allow you to breathe and reset your mind as you continue to study.
After your minute, make sure to take 10 more minutes to review what you’ve learned, and then 20 more minutes of new information before you take another break
Just thinking about final exams gets stressful, so make sure to breathe and prepare the right way. Whether you’re writing papers, presenting, or taking an exam, preparation is the best way to get an A.
Here are some professor-approved study tips:
- Drink water, not soda or energy drinks.
- Eat fruits and veggies to give you natural energy.
- Turn your phone off as you study to lessen distractions.
- Find a study partner so you can quiz each other.
- Use the on-campus tutoring centers or peer-led groups.
- Talk to your professors! It shows that you care and are trying to do well.
- Make sure to eat a good breakfast the day of your exam. It truly is the most important meal of the day.
As a member of the Campus Advantage team, we want to do all we can to help you succeed! Make sure to stop by your local front office to see what resources or events they have to help you during this stressful week. We know that all of you are going to do amazing on your final exams!
Community Events Calendar
Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly — Thursday, December 5 from 6–7:30 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse to get into the holiday spirit with ornament decorating.
Cocoa for Cookies — Friday, December 6 from 7–8 p.m. — Republic is cocoa for cookies! Come down to the clubhouse to enjoy some hot cocoa and cookies on this chilly day!
Ugly Holiday Sweater Season — December 9–13 — Show off your best ugly holiday sweater. Take a picture and post it via Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or ActiveBuilding and tag us. The best ugly sweater post will receive a $25 gift card.
Holiday Workshop — Monday, December 9 from 7–9 p.m. — Come to our workshop in the clubhouse to build your best gingerbread house for a special gift!
December Birthdays — Wednesday, December 18 from 1–5 p.m. — Is this your very special month? If so, come down to the clubhouse to receive your very special treat!